Identity Theft Prevention

Identity Theft statistics, Identity Theft insurance, Identity Theft law, how to report Identity Theft, online Identity Theft, offline Identity Theft and Identity Theft solutions

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Identity theft on the rise

"Taylor continued, 'People have got to be mindful of things. For example, I was in a restaurant the other day and wanted to pay for the meal with a credit card. The cashier told me that the system was down and that she would just take all my information, write it down, and they would input that later when the system was back up. Of course, I declined to do that and paid with an alternate method but I saw the list and I bet she had, on just a plain sheet of paper, a list of 10 credit card numbers with all the pertinent information of other customers.

'Could you imagine the magnitude of what could have happened if that list were to get in a thief's hands?'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home